Here are the live updates:
6:25 PM: Be it the road sector or railways, work is happening at a much quicker pace since we assumed office: PM Narendra Modi
6:21 PM: By 2022, when we mark 75 years of Independence, every Indian must have a home. No Indian should be homeless: PM Narendra Modi
6:18 PM: From dams to drip irrigation, we are working to provide irrigation facilities to the farmers. We need to embrace new trends & technology: PM Narendra Modi
6:15 PM: The Bharatmala and Sagarmala projects will give a strong boost to port-led development: PM Narendra Modi
6:13 PM: Unfortunately, due to road accidents so many lives are lost, especially young lives: PM Narendra Modi
6:10 PM: Minister Nitin Gadkari has decided to convert 8 highways in Gujarat into National Highways. This will boost Gujarat’s infrastructure: PM
6:09 PM: With a clear vision, systems can be bettered and these will positively impact so many lives: PM Narendra Modi
6: 07 PM: The development journey of the nation is getting new strength through these projects: PM Narendra Modi
6: 05 PM: The development journey of the nation is getting new strength through these projects: PM Narendra Modi in Bharuch, Gujarat.
6: 02 PM: PM Modi to dedicate a four-lane extra dosed bridge over the Narmada at Bharuch on NH-8 and Petrochemicals Complex of OPAL.
6:00 PM: We thought of this bus port because the benefits of good infrastructure have to reach the poorest of the poor: PM Narendra Modi in Bharuch
Here is all you need to know about the bridge:
1) The bridge is 1344 metres long and 22.8 metres wide. It is built by Larsen and Turbo as a part of the Rs 379 crore project of the National Highway Authority of India.
2) The project was completed in September 2017, a small delay than the expected time of August. Even then, it was concluded well ahead of its official schedule. It took 2 years to complete.
3) The project was started in mid 2014, and was handed over to the Larsen and Turbo company after the initial failure of the HCC, which had been given the order to a higher cost of built, operation, owning and transfer basis.
4) The NH8 Bharuch sees extremely heavy traffic owing to the routine maintenance work on Sardar bridge. It is considered to be one of the busiest national highways in India.
5) The bridge consists od 216 cables, each one of them being 25 to 40 metres long.
6) The bridge has a 17.4 metre wide 4-lane road. The footpath on the bridge is of 3 metres.
7) The lightings on the bridge goes on for almost 1.344 km. There are more than 400 LED lights on the bridge.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to inaugurate the bridge today. He will also inaugurate the Mega Petrochemical project of ONGC in Bharuch. The project is reportedly spread over 538 hectares and is estimated to cost around Rs 3,000 crores. – Financial Express.
Are you sure you want to delete this element?Close